The Simple Way To Teach Your Dog To Wait In A Great Way
A smart way to encourage focus in your dog is to train him to wait. Part of many competition obedience sessions is the out of the way wait or stay. The dog sitting avidly waiting for the return of his dear owner or tutor is tested in many pro circles.
It's actually possible to teach your dog to attend relatively easily. By using logical steps and making sure that he is proficient in each stage before moving on.
Positive dog training games are supreme if you are to have a contented and galvanized dog during sessions. Motivation and reward will get the maximum effective results. Teaching a dog to attend can be accomplished by following the steps below.
- Sitting or lying down are both good positions to teach the dog to wait in, when the dog is in position say the command wait.
- Step away whilst holding the treat in front of you. Right close to the dog’s nose if it helps and take half a step away if that's the only distance possible at about that point.
- Step back to the dog and give him the treat.
- The key's to treat the dog before he moves out of the wait position. By getting the reward in quickly you won't risk the dog moving before release.
- If he does move before release then you have asked him to wait beyond his capacity at that point. Take him gently back to the place he moved from and begin again.
- Build on the position steadily by increasing the time and distance alternately. Do this by returning continually to the dog with his reward. Always watch the dog meticulously all though for signs of movement from position. If he does look like he is going to move then give the command again and return to him with reward before he changes position or moves.
You'll be in a position to, with patience and careful coaching, proof this wait effectively until the dog can wait for a while. By cautiously introducing time where you leave his perspective you can perfect an out of sight wait in the same way. Begin in an area of little to no diversions; this is the fairest environment when teaching your dog something new.
Positive dog training games will improve your relations with your dog and be good fun for you both, to find out more visit The Dog Trick Academy internet site, which is a superb dog training ressource.