9Potty Training An Older Dog – 7 Practical Tips
While some people prefer to have puppies cute, adorable and lovable, some people like to have an adult dog instead. Older dogs tend to be more mature and perhaps best buddies, the best friend that a man needs.
However, some people have a compunction to get an older dog, because the general perception that people can not teach an old dog new tricks, especially potty training. But this does not really exist, older dogs can still be potty trained a couple of important things in mind.
Here are some tips for potty training an adult dog:
1. When potty training an older dog, you should focus on teaching the dog to eliminate outside, and his teaching is not to eliminate inside. It ‘easier to teach an old dog to do something and do something.
If the dog has an old habit of doing inside, it would be too difficult to concentrate on eliminating the habit. 8Rather, it is easier to help learn a better alternative to a former bad behavior.
2. Choose a location where you want the dog to relieve himself, as a small corner of the garden. 6It would be easier to train an adult dog potty, if you are consistent about where you want to fuck. Go to the same place over and over again, would help the dog learn the right place faster. It is also useful if you do not clean the stain much until your dog learns to go when she needs to go.
3. Use the same words in referring to cleanliness. An adult dog may become confused if you use different expressions to mean the same thing. When you want to go potty, use the exact same expression, it would be somewhat like a command to the behavior you want to do.
4. Remove all traces of the pot of accidents inside the house. sense of smell, dogs are very enthusiastic and the smell of urine or stool in your home can make you think that this is the place to go to the bathroom. Use a cleaning solution deodorizer to eliminate odors that may stick to your floors and carpets.
5. 7Keep your dog sleeps so tight as comfortably possible. Dogs do not want to potty in their bedroom, and keeping the area just enough to sleep and, perhaps, turn around, there would be no place for her to go potty. Ever morning when the dog wakes up, he brings to his regular potty seat, he would work there.
6. Reduce your dog’s food and water intake before bedtime. This prevents accidents occur because when your dog is full of food or water during sleep, it can not have the ability to control the call of nature.
7. 5Make it easy for your dog to come out with a dog door and out the back door open. If this is not possible in your area, leave a bell for your dog to reach. 8Take the dog whenever the bell rings so you should know that the bell is a signal to exit.
Who said you can not teach your dog tricksx old news may be too vague. Potty training an adult dog is really possible if you know these things and if you have the right amount of patience.